ALPH CCJ Experiences 2015
We have been running our County Court Judgment service now for about a year, and we recently looked at the results we had on a trial we ran of 100 cases for a lender. We thought it would be good to publish the results.
Our service is quite unique in combining the use of a Solicitors services where needed and our lower costs everywhere else. The process we undertake is as follows:
- We discuss the customers that we think should be targeted – generally the customers where you know they are employed, know where they live, have been avoiding calls and communications from the lender for at least 4-8 weeks etc.;
- Once we have a list, we send a letter before action to the customer on headed notepaper of the firm of solicitors we work with;
- After 14 days we issue the claim through Money Claim Online and this is discounted as against going to court to physically issue a claim. The cost is dependent on the value of the debt.
- The Defendant then has 14 days to respond. Realistically because of the court process it normally takes 19 days for us to be able to enter Judgment.
- If the claim isn’t defended we will issue a Judgment.
- If the claim is disputed, we will talk you through the process and give you an estimate of how much we think it will cost to proceed.
- Once Judgment has been issued, we will discuss with you whether you want us to enforce the debt.
- If you do want to proceed, we will then draft the Request for an Attachment of Earnings and manage the Request until you have either a suspended order (agreed with the Defendant) or a full order.
- Payment from the Defendant’s employer will be sent through CAPS (Central Attachment of Earnings Payment System) and first payment should be sent within about 45 days of the Order being made.
We have had many enquiries about this service, and we undertook numerous trials for a lenders this year. Below is the result of the trial of 100 cases after 120 days (click image to enlarge):
This shows that:
- 42% of cases are paid or paying since we started our actions
- 7% of cases were paid in full before enforcement was started
- 13% of cases entered a payment plan before enforcement was started
- 22% of cases are under an Attachment of Earning/Suspended Order to repay the CCJ
- A further 45% of cases are proceeding to the Attachment of Earnings stage
In all of the cases above our pre-claim fees, court costs and solicitors fees were recovered from payments by the debtors.
Could results like these make an impact on your business? If you would like to find out more, call us on 01255 861697 or email: email@example.com and we will be happy to discuss how this process could work for you.